Synergy Grants support outstanding multidisciplinary teams of investigators to work together to answer major questions that cannot be answered by a single investigator.
Synergy Grants support:
- research across the four pillars of health and medical research: biomedical, clinical, public health and health services research
- different career stages – early career researchers, mid-career researchers and established researchers
- researchers with clinical responsibilities (such as clinicians, public health and allied health practitioners)
- full-time and part-time researchers.
The expected outcomes are:
- multidisciplinary research that addresses major problems in all areas of human health and medical research, from discovery to translation, and
- highly collaborative teams of diverse researchers including by gender, career stage and cultural background, working together to address major problems in human health.
Synergy Grants may be funded by or in conjunction with other organisations. These grants offer opportunities to researchers whose work is particularly relevant to the priorities and research interests of the partner organisations.
Information on how organisations and individuals can support NHMRC to fund health and medical research is available on the .
Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF)
This grant opportunity may be used to determine recipients under the MRFF Million Minds Mission. The program will support research to improve the diagnosis and treatment of patients with mental health issues. Fher information on the program, including funding, is available on the Department of Health website.
2019 Funding Round – Soft Opening
The following documentation is currently available from the Synergy Grants Forecast Opportunity on :
- Synergy Grants 2019 Guidelines
- Synergy Grants 2019 Guide to Applicants
- Synergy Grants 2019 Category Descriptors
This information will assist applicants to begin preparing their application in advance of the funding opportunity opening on 6 March 2019.
The full suite of documentation required to apply will become available once the funding opportunity opens.