The NHMRC Ethics Award biennially recognises outstanding Australians for their contributions to high ethical standards in health and medical research.
We are seeking your assistance to nominate an individual, a group of individuals, or an organisation for the NHMRC Ethics Award. Nominees will be judged on the significance of their contribution supporting high ethical standards in Australia in health and medical research. The criteria include, but are not limited to:
- innovation in ethical policy formulation; or
- leadership in the formulation of ethical standards; or
- services above and beyond the normal requirement of Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC) membership.
Nominations for the NHMRC Ethics Award close 5PM AEDST Friday 11 January 2019.
Past winners of the award are:
- 2017: Professor Nik Zeps
- 2015: Associate Professor Ian Kerridge
- 2013: Professor Jock Findlay AO
- 2011: Dr Kerry Breen AM
- 2009: Professor Don Chalmers
- 2007: Associate Professor Sandra Egger and Dr Teresa Iacono
The winner(s) are expected to be announced in March 2019, and invited to attend the NHMRC Research Excellence Awards dinner on 13 March 2019 in Canberra.
To make a nomination, please complete the online form or post your nomination using the offline form below - to:
Attention: Carly Taylor
Strategic Projects and Support
National Health and Medical Research Council
GPO Box 1421
CANBERRA ACT 2601