NHMRC recognises excellence in the health and medical research sector through its annual Research Excellence Awards and celebrates leadership and outstanding contributions to the sector though its biennial awards.
The NHMRC Consumer Engagement Award recognises long-term contribution, individual commitment and support of consumers and community views in health and medical research.
The NHMRC Ethics Award recognises outstanding Australians for their contributions to high ethical standards in health and medical research.
The NHMRC Outstanding Contribution Award recognises outstanding long-term contributions, individual commitment and support to NHMRC.
The NHMRC Science to Art Award recognises outstanding examples of the art that can arise from the research funded by NHMRC.
Research Excellence Awards
In addition to NHMRC’s Biennial Awards, the following Research Excellence Awards are awarded annually following competitive peer-review processes. These award recognise achievement in the highly competitive health and medical research field.
- NHMRC Elizabeth Blackburn Fellowships
- NHMRC Frank Fenner Early Career Fellowship award
- NHMRC Gustav Nossal award
- NHMRC Marshall and Warren award
- NHMRC Rising Star award
- Top-ranked Career Development Fellowships application in each of the areas of Biomedical, Clinical, Industry and Population Health research
- Top-ranked Development Grant application
- Top-ranked Program Grant application
- Top-ranked Project Grant application
- Top-ranked Practitioner Fellowship application
- Top-ranked Research Fellowship application
More information about the 2017 Research Excellence Award winners.