These fellowships are highly competitive, four year fellowships that recognise and provide support for the most outstanding early to mid-career health and medical researchers in each Fellowship category.
CDFs can be applied for at one of two levels depending on the applicant’s career stage – CDF Level 1 or CDF Level 2.
The specific objectives of the CDF scheme are to:
- enable investigators to establish themselves as independent, self-directed researchers
- expand capacity for clinical, population health, biomedical and bioinformatics research, and for evidence-based policy development in Australian health systems
- encourage the translation of research outcomes into practice
- bridge the gap between research and industry
- provide a means for Australian researchers working overseas to return to Australia to continue their career development.
Grant at a glance
- Clarification that a career disruption cannot extend past the application close date.
- Removal of eligibility restrictions for Professors and Associate Professors.