Tracker is a fortnightly email newsletter that informs the Australian research community about major NHMRC activities and funding opportunities.
Open NHMRC schemes - Key application dates
- Centres of Research Excellence—applications close on 5 December 2018.
- Partnership Projects - 2018 third call—applications close on 5 December 2018.
- Boosting Dementia Research Grants Scheme Priority Round 5 (PR5) —Implementing Dementia Risk Reduction and Prevention Research: Applications close on 19 December 2018.
- Boosting Dementia Research Grants Scheme Priority Round 6 (PR6) —Improving Dementia Data and Methods: Applications close on 19 December 2018.
2019 Investigator Grant opportunity
- The Investigator Grant scheme for funding commencing in 2020 will open in RGMS on 5 December 2018. Applications will close 5:00pm (AEDT) on 6 February 2019 with minimum data due on 16 January 2019.
Development Grants scheme: call for commercial assessor nominations
NHMRC’s Development Grants scheme is seeking self-nominations from experts to participate as commercial assessors for applications in the 2019 round. Peer review meetings are scheduled for late May 2019 via teleconference. If you have research commercialisation experience and would like to participate in the assessment process, please submit your nomination through the Development Grants self-nomination portal.
Invitations for 2019 peer review
Invitations to participate in the 2019 round of several NHMRC funding schemes are currently being sent. NHMRC encourages members of the research community to contribute their expertise to the peer review process, particularly as we move to the new grant program. Further information on NHMRC peer review, including the new grant program, will be published in the coming months.
Open MRFF Grant opportunities
- International Clinical Trial Collaborations grant opportunity – closing date for the MRFF - International Clinical Trial Collaborations (ICTC) Grant opportunity is on 5 December 2018. Clinician researchers are invited to express their interest in assisting with the assessment of ICTC applications as a member of the peer review panel. Contact NHMRC’s Program Development team.
- MRFF - Keeping Australians Out of Hospital Grant opportunity opened on 28 November 2018 and closes at 5:00pm (AEDT) on 30 January 2019 with minimum data due on 16 January 2019.
MRFF upcoming grant opportunities
- MRFF - Targeted Health System and Community Organisation Research grant opportunity will be opening soon in RGMS. This grant opportunity is forecast on GrantConnect.
- MRFF - Million Minds Mission grant opportunity will be opening soon in RGMS. This grant opportunity is forecast on GrantConnect.
NHMRC-National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Collaborative Research Grant opportunity
NHMRC is providing up to $3 million to support Australian researchers participating in the United Kingdom’s NIHR Health Technology Assessment Programme.
NHMRC participation in the next e-ASIA call for research
The 2019 e-ASIA Joint Research Program (JRP) health call will soon be issued for research proposals in the fields of infectious diseases, cancer and multidrug resistance. Visit the e-ASIA website and GrantConnect for more information.
A workshop for researchers to assist development of collaborative research proposals for submission to the e-ASIA JRP health call is scheduled to be held in Singapore in March 2019. Potential applicants to the JRP may be interested to attend.
Guide to Applicants and Category Descriptors
NHMRC anticipates publishing a Guide to Applicants including Category Descriptors for the following grant schemes in early December on GrantConnect:
- Clinical Trials and Cohort Studies
This information will assist applicants to begin preparing their application in advance of the funding opportunities opening on 6 March 2019.
Guidelines for Guidelines
NHMRC is updating its advice on how to develop trustworthy clinical practice, public health and environmental health guidelines. Public consultation is now sought on a number of draft modules at NHMRC’s ‘Guidelines for Guidelines’, developed for guideline developers wishing to meet the NHMRC Standards for Guidelines and improve the quality of their guidelines.
Consultation closes 5:00pm (AEDT) on 6 February 2019.
2019 NHMRC Biennial Awards
Entries and nominations are now open for the following NHMRC Biennial Awards:
- Science to Art Award – for recognition of outstanding images that have arisen from research funded by NHMRC.
- Ethics Award – for recognition of outstanding contributions to high ethical standards in health and medical research.
- Consumer Engagement Award – for recognition of long-term contribution, individual commitment and support of consumers and community views in health and medical research.
Nominations close 5:00pm (AEDT) on 11 January 2019.
Survey of clinician researchers – Invitation to participate
NHMRC has launched its 2018 survey of clinician researchers which is being conducted by ORIMA Research, an independent market and social research company. The survey is open to clinician researchers in medicine, nursing and allied health.
For more information, or to participate:
- Read the participant Information Sheet.
- Go to the survey website by clicking on the link below, or pasting the link into your browser: https://www.orima.com.au/nhmrc/clinicianresearchers.
If you have questions about the survey please contact:
Have your say
We would love your feedback on how we’re doing. Complete this quick survey to tell us what you think about our new branding and communication methods.